BBQ Sauce smokey sweet sticky2016-02-24
- Yield : 2.5 cups approx
- Servings : Enough for 4 racks baby backs
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 10m
This a lovely smokey sweet and spicy BBQ sauce for ribs.
This BBQ sauce recipe is a tweaked version with my own take on a classic.
I believe it’s a good balance of sweet and spicy without anything overpowering anything else.
Use for mopping, dipping and basting. It also works very well with pork chops or pork sausages.
This recipe is enough for 4 racks of bbq ribs.
- 1 Cup tomato sauce
- 1 Cup Cider Vinegar
- 2 Heaped tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure chilli powder (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon liquid smoke (available online)
Combine all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and whisk until smooth.
On a gentle heat bring the sauce to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Simmer gently for 5 minutes or so then remove from the heat.
Allow it to cool and store in the fridge or use it to baste the ribs. It will keep in the fridge for about a month.