- Yield : 12 Skewers approx.
- Prep Time : 60m
- Cook Time : 12m
- Ready In : 1:12 h
Satay chicken. A delicious appetiser or great party food. This easy to make recipe will leave you wanting more.
Try serving them in soft tacos topped with salad and spring onion.
- 1lb Skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 Tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine or dry fino sherry
- 2 Teaspoons cornflower
- 3 Tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon Yeos sweet chilli sauce or chilli bean paste
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 Teaspoons chilli oil (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 Teaspoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons hot water
- Bamboo skewers soaked in warm water
Make the marinade. In a bowl mix 3 tablespoons of the soy, 1 tablespoon rice wine or dry sherry and cornflower.
Slice the chicken across the grain into just under 1/4 inch thick slices, place into a bowl or similar container, pour over the marinade making sure all the chicken is covered. Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes, longer is better.
Make the satay sauce. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
Thread three pieces of the marinated chicken on to each skewer
Preheat your grill to hot, place the skewers of chicken on a wire rack over a flat baking sheet, brush liberally with the marinade and grill turning frequently for about 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.
In a small non-stick pan on a low heat very gently warm through the satay sauce. [IMPORTANT] If you have the pan too hot this sauce will burn!
Serve on a small platter, pour over a little of the sauce and place the remaining sauce in a warm bowl for dipping.