Fajita spice mix for chicken2017-04-11
- Yield : Approxomately half a cup.
- Prep Time : 10m
Fajita spice mix.
This recipe is a super easy well balanced rub for chicken. Especially for the BBQ.
The addition of smoked Paprika gives a nice background hint of smoke.
I sometimes add a tablespoon of Italian dried mixed herbs to make potato wedges. I have not included this in the recipe ingredients.
An essential addition to include when marinating chicken using this rub is to add the juice of half a lime. It really lifts the flavour.
I have given quantities for a small batch, although you can make more and store it in an airtight container.
- 2 Tablespoons cornflour.
- 4 Teaspoons chilli powder (Schwartz)
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika.
- 1 Teaspoon sweet Paprika.
- 2 Teaspoons sugar.
- 1 Teaspoon salt.
- 1 Teaspoon onion granules.
- 1/2 of a teaspoon garlic powder (not granules)
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne chilli powder.
- 1/2 of a teaspoon Cumin.
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and store in an airtight container.