- Prep Time : 20m
- Ready In : 2:20 h
This is a lovely fresh tasting spicy Mexican salsa.
Great with Chilli and Tacos or as a dip with Tortilla chips it’s a salad a sauce and relish all in one.
- 350 -400g Firm ripe tomatoes skinned de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Red chilli de-seeded and finely chopped
- 15-20g Fresh coriander finely chopped
- 1 Red onion finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- A few dashes of Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- Half teaspoon salt
To skin the tomatoes, lightly score the skin and place them in a bowl and pour boiling water over them, leave for a few minutes. The skin will then be very easy to peel off then discard the seeds and chop finely.
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours to allow the flavours to develop. You can prepare this a day ahead.